I’ve been seeing many variations of this recipe. I’ve combined a few that I have found and also tried to reduce the calories some while keeping the protein as high as possible. Overall, a great success!
(Please excuse the poor picture quality. This is my first recipe and I haven’t taken food pictures before with the purpose of sharing here. I obviously need some practice!)
- 1 15-oz. can of chickpeas
- 1/4-1/2 cup of your favorite nut butter (I used 1/4 cup almond butter to cut back on calories. Add more for more intense flavor.)
- 1/8-1/4 cup of sweetener depending on your tastes (I used honey, but you can use a combination of honey, maple syrup and agave syrup.)
- A few tablespoons of non-dairy milk only if mixture is too thick (I used almond milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark mini chocolate chips or sweet cacoa nibs
- Combine all ingredients except non-dairy milk and chips in food processor and blend until smooth. Add non-dairy milk if needed.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer until cold.