In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Burning Down the House.”
Your home is on fire. Grab five items (assume all people and animals are safe). What did you grab?
I used to have a standard answer for questions like this. Pictures were always on the top of the list, but my most important ones are in the cloud now. I can say the same for my important personal documents (thanks to evernote). All that said, my list has changed significantly.
- Jewelry – Not necessarily the expensive ones or my favorites, but the important pieces that belonged to my grandparents and great-grandparents.
- Something of my son’s choosing. No questions asked.
- Cards and letters from family/friends over the years. (This is a good reminder to scan these and save them to the cloud too.)
- My phone! Yes, I sheepishly admit that I just can’t live without it.
- My wallet. It’s just such a pain to replace everything.