I’ve spent most of the past year experimenting with the right workouts for me. I’ve been successful in adding in weight training but it is still so new to me that I’ve struggled with finding the right program. I now realize that all of my experimenting is not getting me anywhere near where I want to be for strength and definition. All that said, I’m restating The New Rules of Lifting Supercharged. It is something that I know has worked well for others. It is easy to progress through the program, modify it as needed and stay challenged.
To keep myself on track, I’ll be doing smaller posts each day of my workout and food (with pics)! I figure, if it’s too embarrassing to post, I probably shouldn’t be eating it!
Aug 10 weight: 165.2
- Full ramp program in NROL Supercharged
- Plank – 2 sets, 30 secs each
- Half kneeling cable pull – 2 sets, 20lbs, 30 secs
- Goblet squat – 2 sets, 20lbs, 15 reps
- Standing cable row – 2 sets, 20 lbs, 15 reps each side
- Bench step up – 5lb weights, 2 sets of 15 each side
- Push-up – this should have been 15 reps each, but something that I struggle with and have lost the most progress. I did these inclined on a bench. 1st set was 10 and 2nd set was 5.
- Intervals! I love this part!! Four sets on the elliptical of 2 mins at level 10 followed by 1 min at level 3.
- Finished with some stretching. This is an area I need to formalize a routine.
- All of this took about 90 mins. Which is about the max time I have. Also, as I’m writing this up, I realized that I left out an entire exercise. Oh well, next time!